The economy is hurting so many in Montgomery County, Maryland’s multicultural neighborhoods. In response, a collaboration of nonprofits, government agencies, and grassroots leaders are linking residents to services – and to each other – in an unprecedented way. The campaign’s objectives are to:
1. Ensure that emergency services are reaching those who need it most.
2. Leverage other community resources to sustain long-term recovery for those in crisis.
3. Create new, sustainable networks of mutual support in targeted neighborhoods.
4. Increase the number of people embarking or staying on a path toward secure employment and greater economic empowerment.
Read about the Neighbors Campaign in:
* Our 2009 report on the inaugural year of the Campaign
* Our Spring 2009 report on the Campaign pilot